Thomastown East Primary School


Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do you have supporting programs in addition to the core curriculum areas?

    Yes, we do. These activities include:

    1. Physical Education / PMP
    2. Computer Education
    3. Oral Language Centre
    4. The Arts
    5. Library
    6. ESL/Literacy Support
    7. Young Leaders Group
  • How International Student fees paid is and what do these fees cover?

    All application, tuition and service fees for international students are to be paid directly to the IED. IED issues an invoice for these fees. International students are not required to pay any school levies or voluntary contributions. However, the tuition fees charged do not cover the costs of books, uniforms, stationery and any optional school trips such as excursions or camps.

  • How is International Student unpaid fees collected?

    When international student fees are not paid on time IED works closely with the school to have these fees paid.

  • How to enrol International Students?

    When enrolling students it is important that schools first check if the student is a local or international student by requesting evidence of their Australian citizenship or residency status. International students seeking to enroll in a Victorian Government school must apply to the International Education Division (IED). Details of the application process and application forms are available from the website. Families can contact the IED for advice about the application process.

  • Is it possible for anyone to join the school council?

    To be a part of our council, you don’t need any particular qualifications or experience – we look for enthusiastic parents who want to help improve the learning outcomes and school environment for all students.

  • Is there any Outside of School Hours Care Program?

    OSCH operates before and after school. Sessions start in the morning at 7:00am and finish at 8:30am. After School care starts at 3:15pm and finishes at 5:30pm.

    Fees apply for each session attended.

  • Thomastown East Primary School International Students

    International students are welcome at Thomastown East Primary School.

  • What are the International Education Division’s contact details?
    Enquiries relating to Overseas Students should be directed to the International Education Division, phone +61 3 9637 2990 or email

  • What do schools need to do to withdraw International Students?

    Primary schools need to monitor the enrolment and withdrawal of international students and inform the IED of any students who have not returned at the commencement of the school year or who exit the school during the school year. When international students are seeking to cancel their enrolment a signed letter from the student’s parents is required. If this letter is not provided schools are asked to contact the student’s family to confirm the student’s exit.

  • What happens if a student’s visa details change?

    Schools are to keep a record of each enrolled international student’s visa expiry date. If a student’s visa is due to expire and needs to be extended, the school and the student share the responsibility to ensure that this is done well before the expiry date. If there are any changes to a student’s or family’s visa details please advise the IED immediately. When granted a Bridging visa, students are not automatically eligible for Student Resource Package funding. In most cases, Bridging visas carry forward the conditions of the previous visa. All visa information can be found at Select the “Visas, Immigration and Refugees” and “Students” icons, which will take you to “Student Visa Options.”

Our location

82 Cedar St, Thomastown VIC 3074
03 9465 3032

Contact Us